We’re so pleased to be able to offer our patients a new service at Deptford Dental – regular appointments with our hygienist to help you take the best care of your oral health.
Why visit the hygienist?
Gums are the foundations of your teeth, and it is so important to look after them. Your dental hygienist can work with you to better your gum health, prevent gum disease and professionally clean your teeth, giving the starting point for you to continue at home.
Helpful brushing tips
- Brushing your teeth is a fine art, but can be easily mastered by everyone! Make sure you are spending 2-3 minutes brushing each time and ask the hygienist about brushing techniques.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, once in the morning and once at night.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months to ensure it is as effective as possible.
- Be sure to add flossing to your dental hygiene routine – it is commonly neglected but flossing once a day can help minimise the risks of developing any form of gum disease.
- We recommend visiting the hygienist 2-3 times per year to keep your oral hygiene on track.